A southeast Texas woman has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the manufacturers of the floor buffer that she claims killed her husband. She believes that the buffer was unreasonably dangerous and these defects lead directly to the death of her husband. Anne Harper filed the suit against OPC/Floor Blazer and American Honda Motor Co. last Thursday alleging that the propane motor on the buffer did not have adequate safety provisions.
After Archie started his work , “he became overwhelmed by carbon monoxide gas and was rendered unconscious.” The complaint continues stating “the LPG engine on the product [floor buffer] continued to run for several hours and emit the deadly carbon monoxide gas which led to the untimely and tragic death of Archie Harper.”
American Honda Motor Co. and OPC/Floor Blazer are being accused of negligence, breach of warranty, and violations to the Texas Deceptive Trades Policy Act. There has thus far been no response to the case by the defendants.
For more information on this subject matter, please refer to the section on Wrongful Death.